About the instructor
Natalia has created a number of programs for young people leaving school and entering workplaces and is a recognised leader in the development of practical and engaging programs for the 13 to 25 year age group.
Two of her programs have been recognised by the Curriculum and Standards Authority in WA and are used all over Australia to better assist young people making the change from education to work!
The Employment Advantage program teaches young people how to find work and thrive in the job market.
Developing Social Skills (for the Workplace) is designed to develop personal insight and social confidence.
Both programs have assisted thousands of young people to make a smoother transition from education to employment.
THE EMPLOYMENT ADVANTAGE COURSE OVERVIEW AND OUTLINE
Module 1: Develop Optimism and Motivation in Job Search Introduction to module One: (2:06)
- Recognise the importance of research (9:36)
- Analyse personal skills & qualities (7:05)
- Describe and sell personal skills & qualities (8:28)
- Transfer personal skills & qualities (4:57)
- Find a job title that fits (7:20)
- Remain motivated in the face of rejection (15:24)
- Apply techniques for overcoming obstacles (10:58)
Module 2: Enhance Personal Presentation and Interview Attire Skills Introduction to Module Two (1:17)
- Create positive first impressions (11:05)
- Identify contemporary workplace dress codes (12:42)
Module 3: Create Work Prospects Introduction to Module Three (1:14)
- Identify sources of employment (15:40)
- Utilise multiple job search methods (20:54)
- Utilise confident telephone techniques (7:36)
Module 4: Get the Job You Want Introduction to Module Four (1:25)
- Interpret, value and utilise key words (9:04)
- Create a professional resume (12:15)
- Identify and access useful referees (7:09)
- Deconstruct a job advertisement (5:00)
- Create effective letters of application and introduction (14:38)
- Analyse and utilise the behavioural assessment process (5:41)
- Answer behavioural questions effectively (15:34)
- Create effective responses to selection criteria (10:27)
- Apply successful interview techniques (14:49)
Module 5: Develop and Apply a Positive Work Ethic Introduction to Module Five (1:20)
- Maintain motivation and focus at work(7:29)
- Create and maintain effective work habits and routines (5:08)
- Think like an employer (10:49)